October 2020: We are not currently looking to recruit new hosts!
Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, we sadly had to put our hosting programme on hold. We had hoped to reopen during Autumn 2020 but due to the increased number of local restrictions, this has not been possible. We hope that as we move into winter, the situation may change.
When we reopen our hosting programme, this is what we will be looking for:
- have a spare room available
- live within (or very close to) the M60, with easy access to bus routes
- are willing to host men or women
- are able to host at short notice – for periods of beyond 8 weeks (assuming both host and hosted guest are happy with the placement)
Could this be you?
If you're interested in exploring further, here's what you need to do next to join our waiting list of potential hosts:
- To learn more about our general hosting programme and how it works, please read our Boaz Hosting FAQs .
- If, after reading the above document, you have additional questions or would like to take the next steps towards hosting, please email us at [email protected]
If you are from outside Manchester and would like to find about similar projects in your area, please visit www.naccom.org.uk, a national network of organisations providing accommodation for destitute asylum seekers and other migrants. In July 2017, NACCOM published a hosting toolkit using case studies from member organisations across the UK – fantastic reading for anyone interested in this type of work!
Thank you so much.