July was a busy month- these are just some of our highlights!
- 4 clients moved on from Boaz accommodation
- 20 pairs of brand new exercise leggings were donated and distributed for our clients from Lucy Locket Loves!
- 2 brand new clients moved in to shared Boaz houses (see picture above!)
- 1 client passed her Level 2 Reading and Speaking. She has applied for a new course starting in September and is working hard to fulfil her dream to become a nutritionist
- 5 members of our client support team met up for a much needed socially distant face to face lunch and planning meeting
- 1 supporter saved 50% on his meal through the "eat out to help out" and donated the savings to Boaz!
- 15 new referrals were received for our accommodation
- 10 staff have signed up to our Me and White Supremacy book group
- 2 pieces of tech (a smartphone and a tablet) were donated and given to client
- 1 client handed in further submissions to the Home Office after working with a solicitor at GMIAU!
- 77 people stayed in Boaz accommodation during July
- 2 support workers participated in Mental Health First Aid training thanks to our friends at NACCOM, and this is already proving useful in their work.
- 1 former client from our night shelter was granted leave to remain!
We also did some more gardening and yoga classes, supported clients to attend a flurry of medical appointments as services reopened, made several new funding applications, gave out lots of lovely donated face masks and much, much more.
As our local lockdown continues, clients have told us how much they appreciate the regular and ongoing contact and support from our team. We couldn't do this without you. If you'd like to support us in our work so that we can keep on supporting people seeking sanctuary, please press the button below.